On the Beat in Bluffton

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness Week

People of Wells County have been sharing their stories of kindness this week on the Bluffton News-Banner Facebook page.
Some acts have been coordinated efforts to do good, while others were completely spur-of-the-moment. No matter why they were done, every good thing we did this week made our community a little bit better place for all of us.
Keep the good deeds coming!

Beth King Cutshall: I was working and a man could pay for like $9 of stuff and the lady behind him went ahead and payed for it and wasnt going to tell him...

Tiffany Schmidt-Gerber: i work at subway in ossian and on sunday a couple paid for their meal plus the sandwich of the man in the car behind them, it was a nice surprise for those of us working and the man who had his sandwich paid for. he was so shocked and happy, its nice to see that kind of generosity from people.

Penny Sue Cole: On Sunday, Park UB Church handed out $1 to each person in attendance with instructions to give God's love away. Sermon title was "Can't Buy Me Love." Personally, I paid for the people's order behind me at McDonald's on Tuesday...but it wasn't random, it was to show God's love in a small way for some folks I didn't even know:)

Jenni Ellis: Ive committed to help a fellow friend lose weight. I am helping 24/7 with nutritional support/emotional support and Ive committed to picking him up and driving him to workout twice a week. His beginning weight was 640 lbs....and one month later he is now at 600. Human life is so important, and I have committed to use my knowledge to help him live a long life....he is only 22. :)

Veronica Jo Hippensteele: Someone paid for my gas, so I paid for someone else's gas.

Annette Turner: An ICU Nurse at Bluffton Regional named Betty is super nice, when my husband was in ICU in January before they transfered him to Luthern she is the type of person that is just soothing during a time of Crisis. She even called our house after my husband was transfered to see how he was.

No comments: