On the Beat in Bluffton

Monday, April 14, 2014

Electrical short ignites fire on 250N

An electrical short started a small fire in a bedroom at 2724E-250N Saturday evening after a busy 24 hours for the Bluffton Fire Department.

Resident Andrea Claghorn reported the flames and smoke at 10:04 p.m. She said her television lost power at first, and then her dog started barking.

When she let her dog outside, it ran to the southeast corner of the house; Claghorn followed the animal and saw the fire, that had burned through the wood from the interior and had broken through the outside wall.

Learn more about the fire — and a busy 24 hours for the fire department — in the Monday, April 14, News-Banner, and learn more about electrical fire prevention in the video below and by clicking here.

No comments: