On the Beat in Bluffton

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shanly wins lottery!!!

News-Banner Reporter Frank Shanly, is the latest winner of the Republic of Minerva National Lottery!

Shanly won more than $98,000,000 in Republic of Minerva money and has elected to accept a one-time cash payout of $18,000,000 (RM).

"I can't believe I won!" Shanly said. "I bought that ticket so long ago I had completely forgotten I was even entered. It's a miracle, truly."

Shanly said after buying himself a new van and a new "color" television he intends to use the remaining portion of his winnings to support the Halflings of The Shire in northwestern New Zealand.

"I made a promise to Frodo Baggins before I left New Zealand that somehow I would find the money to build a new shoe factory for the Hobbit community," Shanly said. "Now that I have the cash, that's exactly what I intend to do!"

Shanly said he will be collecting his Republic of Minerva dollars this weekend and flying back to his native New Zealand early next week.

1 comment:

Prince Gregory of Sealand said...

Oh sure, that is news cause Frank has a cool accent, but you guys never even mentioned that I was the Ambassador to the United States for the Kingdom of Sealand. Or that I helped my dead great uncles son secret $85 trillion ugandan dollars into the U.S.