On the Beat in Bluffton

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tweet-Up Reflections


Ok, so we had our first Tweet-Up at the Bohemian Bean Cafe last night. News-Banner publisher Mark Miller, Sports Editor Paul Beitler, Reporter Frank Shanly, Bluffton Mayor Ted Ellis (@mayorted), @Thanecast and me (@jerrybattiste) all had some coffee and shared Twitter stories.
It was interesting to hear how each of has been using the new service; what we like and what we don't like about micro-blogging and even some new tech talk.

Ok, so it was just a handful of people. It was a start. Like every new tool, Twitter needs to be used a lot and in many different ways before we can be sure if it works. Or how it works. Or maybe just how it works best.
I have more than 60 Followers already, many of whom are local folks (ok, not William Shatner and Britney Spears, but lots of other folks are local) and I am hoping to find ways to unite us all together outside of the Twitter realm.

The Tuesday Tweet-Up was a start. We'll have more--different places around the county, different days and times; maybe with specific topics and special guests.
I don't know exactly. I'll have to figure it out as I go along. With your help, of course.

So, Tweet me, drop me an e-mail or comment on this post. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: