On the Beat in Bluffton

Friday, January 16, 2009

Again with the frozen pipes

How long have I lived in Bluffton now. A couple months, more or less. And how many times have I awakened to frozen water pipes? Too many.
Last time the plumber wrapped the pipes and installed heat tape. The taps were trickling water all night, and still, I had no hot water this morning. Nothing. When I turned the knob only air came out. And cold air at that.

I am seriously thinking I need to move. Perhaps to Belize, where frozen pipes would no longer be a problem. I could get a job covering the surf report; sit on the beach drinking daiquiris and watching the waves roll in.

That's the life for me. Much better than frozen pipes, day after day, after day. But, the good news is, summer is only months away.

No comments: