On the Beat in Bluffton

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Romanian Style!


Tara Ulmer posted some great pictures (like this one) of her celebrating the Inauguration of President Barack Obama.
Here's an excerpt from a letter she sent me:

"I just had the privilege of sharing the inauguration through CNN/Facebook with millions of others. I celebrated with some small Romanian treats and champagne with my friends. It really struck me that the same oath of office they take is the same for the military and Peace Corps volunteers. All day today I asked people on the street in my small, Transylvanian town what they thought of Obama. The gypsies I spoke to are thrilled because his face is a similar color to theirs, and he's now the leader of the U.S. They say Obama gives hope to people in Romania too! Others were cynical because there has always been corruption in Romanian politics."

Sounds like the world is still watching. For an even better perspective, check out Tara's blog here.

Thanks for thinking of me Tara!! And watch those icy streets...

No comments: